Christmas is nearly upon us, family and friends are just stopping by and what do you give them? You spent all your money on gifts for the kids, but you hate for your visitors to go away empty-handed. Right? How about making a cheap and easy knock-your-socks-off-good batch of Christmas Crack. Wrap up a few pieces in cellophane, tie with some curling ribbon and ta-da, a wonderful gift for any holiday guest.
To make Christmas Crack you only need a few ingredients y’all.
Christmas Crack Ingredients
35 – 40 saltine crackers
2 sticks (1 cup) of butter
1 cup of packed light brown sugar
1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
Any fancy toppings you can think of!
- First, pre-heat your oven to 350. Then get a cookie sheet and line it with parchment paper. Make sure the parchment goes past all the edges or you will have a big ol’ mess. Place a single layer of saltines in the pan.
- Next, heat your butter and sugar in a saucepan on the stove. Stirring with a whisk constantly, heat it until it reaches a thick consistency. This is your toffee.
- Then pour your toffee over your crackers and spread it out evenly. After it’s spread, put the pan in the oven and bake it for 5 minutes at 350.
- When it comes out of the oven immediately scatter chocolate chips over the top. Let them sit a minute or two until the chips are shiny.
- While it’s still hot, smooth the chips out with a spatula.
- If you’re feeling fancy at this point you can make it over-the-top with a sprinkling of sea salt (like me), chopped nuts, peppermint pieces, M&Ms or anything else you can think of.
- Then allow it to sit at room temperature or place it in the fridge to harden. Once it’s hard break it into pieces and enjoy!
It’s that simple y’all! This is a holiday favorite around our house.
Give it a try this holiday. I promise it will be a hit!
Merry Christmas y’all!!!